sidewinder (
sidewinder) wrote in
xmas_rocks2011-09-13 07:44 am
Announcement: xmas_rocks about to begin for 2011/2012!
Greetings, all!
I'm pleased to announce that xmas_rocks WILL take place again this year. In fact, I'll be opening up pairing nominations later today after re-posting the FAQ for review. I know last year was kind of slow but we still had some wonderful stories posted - and I'm hoping this year we will kick it back into high gear again.
There will only be two really notable changes this year to note, which I'll bring up now so they don't get lost in the lengthy FAQ:
1. All administrative posts, including nominations and sign-ups, will be mirrored at both our LiveJournal and Dreamwidth communities. So no more excuses that you hate/won't use one or the other to keep you from participating (and remember, all sign-ups can be done simply via email as well, no journaling accounts required.)
2. The stories will this year be archived in a dedicated section of the new bandfic.org archive devoted to xmas_rocks. This will be simpler for me to maintain and set-up quickly; I'll be able to easily moderate spam reviews vs. on the older archive; and authors will be able to "claim" their stories after the reveal to edit if they wish. (Older year stories will NOT be moved to the new archive, however, you are welcome to register for an account and repost them there if you wish!) The older archive is not being deleted, just retired from "active duty".
That's all I can think of for now. Any comments/questions are welcome either here or on the FAQ post to follow shortly.
I'm pleased to announce that xmas_rocks WILL take place again this year. In fact, I'll be opening up pairing nominations later today after re-posting the FAQ for review. I know last year was kind of slow but we still had some wonderful stories posted - and I'm hoping this year we will kick it back into high gear again.
There will only be two really notable changes this year to note, which I'll bring up now so they don't get lost in the lengthy FAQ:
1. All administrative posts, including nominations and sign-ups, will be mirrored at both our LiveJournal and Dreamwidth communities. So no more excuses that you hate/won't use one or the other to keep you from participating (and remember, all sign-ups can be done simply via email as well, no journaling accounts required.)
2. The stories will this year be archived in a dedicated section of the new bandfic.org archive devoted to xmas_rocks. This will be simpler for me to maintain and set-up quickly; I'll be able to easily moderate spam reviews vs. on the older archive; and authors will be able to "claim" their stories after the reveal to edit if they wish. (Older year stories will NOT be moved to the new archive, however, you are welcome to register for an account and repost them there if you wish!) The older archive is not being deleted, just retired from "active duty".
That's all I can think of for now. Any comments/questions are welcome either here or on the FAQ post to follow shortly.
